Learn how to write compelling government bids that make your company and solution stand out to government.
Preparing government bids is a critical pathway for selling into government – whether you are responding to a Request for Tender (RFT), writing a business proposal, or seeking a government grant. To be successful, you need to understand the unique government procurement environment and adapt your bid and sales strategies to meet specific government processes and requirements.
Government bid writing is a full day, hands-on workshop that is ideal for any personnel involved in responding to public sector and government procurement processes. Participants will emerge with intimate understanding of the government procurement environment, and how to write government bids and tenders that are optimised to maximise conversion.
The workshop is a natural follow-on from Mia’s free Introduction to Government Sales information session.
- Understand how to tailor offerings or solutions to meet government priorities, needs and policies, and how to communicate them.
- Learn how to prepare compelling bids that are optimised to score highly by government evaluators, and write a suite of responses to typical tender questions.
- Understand the perspectives of public sector procurement teams, including evaluators and the assessment process.
- Improved conversation rates of opportunities
- Pathway to more business with government
- Greater sales operational efficiencies for account teams
Who should attend
- Sales and business development professionals, sales and account managers, professional services personnel, marketing managers and others with public sector related roles
- Relevant for large organisations and small to medium enterprises across all industry sectors
- The group size will be strictly limited to ensure a personalised experience
Location and dates
This workshop is presented at Mia’s premises at Level 7, 131 Queen Street, Melbourne.
To inquire or register please email Mia.
Program Outline — Government Bid Writing
The Government Procurement Environment
- Why does government tender?
- What types of tenders and bids are there?
- What rules are involved in tendering and bids?
- Government tender documentation
Preparing bid responses
- Tips to writing winning responses
- Writing references
- Writing your methodology
- Crafting an executive summary
- Describing the value of your business
Differentiating your response
- Customer service counts
- Offer value-added initiatives
- Quality management
- Understand the government procurement policies that relate to you
Evaluating and Awarding contracts
- Government evaluation processes, tools and techniques
- Value for money assessment
- Government negotiations
- Government processes to award a contract
Deirdre Diamante — Deirdre’s vast knowledge of government business practices is derived from over 15 years’ involvement in government bids and awarding business.
Alan Roe — Alan has engaged with governments for over three decades and has an intimate knowledge of government tendering and business development practices.