30 October 2017
Verdant Minerals Ltd proposes to develop the Ammaroo Phosphate Project, located on Ammaroo Station approximately 220 km south east of Tennant Creek in the Northern Territory. The Ammaroo Phosphate project will include an open cut mining operation and associated flotation beneficiation plant and mine site infrastructure to produce up to 2 million tonnes per annum of phosphate rock concentrate for export to regional phosphate fertiliser manufacturers. It is proposed that the product will be transported to the Adelaide to Darwin Railway via a purpose built 100 kilometre rail spur.
The proposal is being assessed at the level of an Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) by the Northern Territory Environment Protection Authority (NT EPA) and Verdant Minerals has submitted the draft EIS for assessment.
Hard copies of the Draft EIS are also available for viewing from Monday 30 October to Friday 8 December 2017 at the following locations:
- Northern Territory Library, Parliament House, Darwin, NT
- NT EPA, 1st Floor, Arnhemica House, 16 Parap Road, Parap, NT
- Department of Primary Industry and Resources, 3rd Floor, Paspalis Centrepoint, Smith Street Mall, Darwin, NT
- Tennant Creek Public Library, 41 Peko Road, Tennant Creek, NT
- Central Land Council, Regional Office, 63 Patterson Street, Tennant Creek, NT
- Central Land Council, 27 Stuart Highway, Alice Springs, NT
- Arid Lands Environment Centre, 90 Gap Rd, Alice Springs, NT
- Environment Centre Northern Territory, Unit 3, 98 Woods St, Darwin, NT
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources, Arid Zone Research Institute, South Stuart Highway, Alice Springs, NT
- Barkly Regional Council Office, Amplitawatja, NT
- Barkly Regional Council Office, Ali Curung, NT
- Community Store, Murray Downs, NT
Public Comment is invited –– Interested persons and organisations wishing to comment on the Draft EIS are invited to make a submission before Friday 8 December 2017.