The Pitt Street Integrated Station Development (PSISD) forms part of the NSW Government’s Sydney Metro City & Southwest project. The project represents Stage 2 of the NSW Government’s Sydney Metro Master Plan. The Sydney Metro City & Southwest is a new 30 kilometre metro line extending metro rail from the end of Sydney Metro Northwest at Chatswood under Sydney Harbour, through new central business district (CBD) stations and south west to Bankstown. Construction has begun in 2017 with the first tunnel boring machine in the ground before the end of 2018. The line is due to open in 2024 with the capacity to run a metro train every two minutes each way through the centre of Sydney.
The Pitt Street Integrated Station Development features a state of the art underground metro station strategically located in the Sydney CBD. Designed to accommodate a 39 storey commercial office development above the northern entry boasting leading smart building and sustainability features. A 36 storey build to rent residential development above the southern entry featuring a 230 premium apartments and hotel standard facilities for residents.
Main Station Features
The metro station at Pitt Street serves the retail areas on George and Pitt streets, the civic and entertainment uses on George Street and the emerging southern Sydney CBD residential developments between Park Street and Belmore Park. The station also provides relief to Town Hall Station, and allows interchange onto other modes of public transport including light rail and buses.
The station includes:
- New bike parking on Park and Bathurst streets
- Existing bus stops close to the station retained on Park and Castlereagh streets
- Existing taxi bays close to the station retained on Castlereagh and Pitt streets
- Wayfinding signage and metro information will be provided
- Enhancement of pedestrian infrastructure around the station will be refined in consultation with the CBD Coordination Office, Roads and Maritime Services and City of Sydney Council.
Access and entry
- A northern pedestrian plaza opening to Pitt and Park streets
- A southern pedestrian plaza opening to Bathurst Street.
The station is located below Pitt Street and Castlereagh Street, south of the Park Street intersection and north of the Bathurst Street intersection.
Further information on the project is available at www.sydneymetro.info.
How to register an Expression of Interest for listed packages
- Work Packages currently available to submit an EOI for are listed below.
- To submit an initial EOI for the Work Scopes, companies must have an ICN Gateway company profile.
- Information on how to register your company on ICN Gateway is detailed below.
This is an initial, generic EOI submission only.
ICN Gateway Company Registration
- Click here to register your company profile on ICN Gateway.
- Support and assistance is available through the web links listed below.
- Your company summary and company description are used to assess your ability to complete projects when you lodge an EOI – please ensure that your company invests the time and energy required to represent your company in the most effective manner possible.