The Project Owner
Riverina Redevelopment Joint Venture – comprising of CPB Contractors and Downer. Both CPB Contractors and Downer are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange.
The Riverina Redevelopment Project is a program of works across three Department of Defence establishments including:
- Albury Wodonga Military Area (including North, South & East Bandiana, Latchford Barracks, Wirlinga)
- Blamey Barracks (Kapooka)
- RAAF Base Wagga
The scope comprises major upgrade or replacement of existing infrastructure and facilities to support Defence capability for the next 25 years. The Project is valued at in excess of $1b and will incorporate a variety of elements including:
- Construction of new messing and living in accommodation
- Construction of new training facilities
- Refurbishment and upgrading of existing buildings
- Construction of new car parks
- Remedial works and upgrades to infrastructure services
The proposed capital investment is $1.1 billion and is yet to be considered or approved by the Government. Defence is considering one Managing Contractor shall be appointed to plan and subject to approvals deliver the Program works to gain efficiencies in planning, standardisation of design, cost and time efficiencies in Program approvals and construction packaging/delivery..There is also an intent to maximise Local and Indigenous Industry participation.
The indicative program milestones are:
- Mar 22 – Contract Award
- Feb 24 – Delivery Phase Approval – inclusive of all Defence, Government and parliamentary approvals
- Sep 28 – Completion of the last Stage of Works
- Sep 29 – End of last Defence Liability Period
For the avoidance of doubt, this is not the first stage of a multi-stage procurement. In other words, potential tenderers that choose not to participate in this market sounding process will not be prevented from or disadvantaged in participating in the subsequent request for tender (RFT) process, if any.