ICN SA is working GE Renewable Energy Australia and Elecnor Group’s Green Light Contractors to ensure local suppliers have the opportunity to be involved in the $423 million first stage of Neoen’s Goyder Renewables Zone.
Work packages for Goyder South Stages 1A and 1B, comprising 75 x 5.5 MW wind turbine generators are currently open on Gateway.
They include a wide range of products and services, such as:
- accommodation facilities
- crane hire
- earthmoving and construction equipment
- geotechnical and ecological services
- information technology
- low-voltage electrical work
GE Australia is supplying, installing, commissioning and testing the wind turbine generators.
The consortium is also managing such things as:
- transporting turbine components to site,
- designing and supplying all wind farm civil infrastructure (foundations, roads, buildings), electrical infrastructure (33kV cables, earthing, communications, SCADA),
- constructing substation and operations and maintenance buildings.
Goyder South Stage 1 Wind Farm is being built in South Australia’s Mid North region, approximately 100km north-east of Adelaide and 5.5km south of Burra.
Civil works are expected to start in March 2022, with turbine installation planned from April 2023 and final handover by February 2024.
The Goyder Renewables Zone is a planned large hybrid renewable energy project. It’s part of a new generation of projects that combine wind with solar and battery storage to provide renewable energy 24/7.
When complete, the Goyder project is expected to produce more than 5M MW hours a year of electricity, and displace 2.5M of Carbon dioxide emissions. This is enough to power a million homes, and the equivalent of planting 41 million trees.
For more information, go to the Goyder Renewables Zone – Goyder South Stage 1 Windfarm Gateway page.